You will never buy any prepackaged Chili Seasoning from any store again! Get ready to try the easiest and most convenient recipe out there!
It’s quick and easy, and everything you need is probably already in your pantry! It will upgrade your dishes to the next level!
A Unique Blend of Herbs
What Is Chili Seasoning?
It is a mix of herbs used to season different kinds of food. It can range between chicken, beef, turkey, or even simple beans. Kicking the flavor of bland beans a notch with this blend.
Grocery Chili or Homemade?
Chili seasoning can be found as ready-to-use premixed in a jar sold at many grocery stores. They usually differ in ingredients and flavor. Yet nothing beats homemade chili seasoning!
Why You Will Love the Chili Seasoning Mix?
Easy, quick, and simple! So, that is what will make this recipe a recurring staple in your dishes. You can easily make it, you can use ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
The Chili Seasoning Recipe Is Effortless
Adding to that, it does not require you to do much effort other than mixing them everything together. As simple as that, toss everything in and mix. There you have it a ready-to-use chili seasoning for your savory dishes.
The Best Companion to All Dishes!
Why Make Your Own At Home?
The most essential reason is ditching these preservatives. The items you see at the store are often packed with preservatives. They increase the shelf life of these blends, yet they may not be good for your health.
Tailor to your own taste!
You better opt for a homemade alternative, this way you can control what you put in the chili seasoning recipe. In addition, you can also control the flavor that fits your taste.
What Is The Difference Between Chili Seasoning and Taco Seasoning?
While both seasonings seem similar, they are a bit different in the amount of spices added. Taco seasoning has more cumin than chili seasoning. On the other hand, chili seasoning has more chili in it.
Take Your Dishes To The Next Level!
You should use dried spices for this recipe. Dried spices are better for the long run because they contain less moisture which makes them last more. Don’t use fresh ingredients because the moisture may cause the seasoning to mold quickly.
You can also adjust to your personal preference as well by controlling the level of spiciness. You can make it spicier by adding more chili powder or reducing the amount.
Store the mix in a dry, cool place using a container without any scent attached. Moreover, you should mix the ingredients very well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
It can last up to a year if stored correctly. You should keep it in a place where it is dry and not humid.
Absolutely! This chili seasoning blend can be used for meat, chicken, and beans.
Definitely, you can alter the recipe to your own preference. More or less spice is fine!
- Chili powder: A key element in this recipe that gives the blend the spice
- Dried parsley flakes: It has a muted, subtle flavor.
- Dried minced onion: Gives it a tangy flavor.
- Salt: It enhances the flavor of the blend.
- Cornstarch: It thickens up the mixture when water is added
- Dried minced garlic: Gives the blend a pungent flavor.
- Ground cumin: It adds more to the flavor.
- Ground coriander: It is citrusy and warm.
- Dried cilantro flakes, basil, and oregano: They improve the overall taste.
- Crushed red pepper flakes: It adds some heat to the mix.
- Pepper: It adds more flavor to the recipe.
Check the recipe card for instructions.
Other Must-Try Recipes:
- Thick Hearty Chili
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Thick Hearty Chili
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
- Easy Grilled Shishito Peppers
- Feta Dip with Zaatar
- Baked Spicy Eggplant Cilantro Recipe (Vegan)
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Cajun Butter
Homemade Chili Seasoning
- ½ cup dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano flakes
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons pepper
- First, in a bowl mix the ingredients using a spoon
- Next, use a funnel to add the mix in a clean container.
- Then, store in a dry place.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- Use a container that does not have a leftover scent.
- Mix the ingredients very well.
- Use dry ingredients rather than fresh ones.