This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Feta Dip with Zaatar will be an instant hit! It’s bound to become your favorite dipping sauce on your dinner or snack table. It is so creamy, cheesy, easy to make, and very delicious!
Made from simple ingredients such as feta cheese, veggies, zaatar, and salt, this recipe will be tasty enough to keep you or your guests dipping into again and again. Get ready for the best homemade feta dip with zaatar seasoning.
This Tasty Dip is a Life Changer
Why You’ll Love Feta Dip with Zaatar
If you are looking for something special to serve with a drink or a starter, everyone will love this dip. It is fast, delicious, and so simple to make at home.
Dips definitely should not be complicated and this one surely isn’t at all. This is one of those easy recipes that need very simple and affordable ingredients found at any grocery store.
When all the ingredients are blended together, you will have the creamiest za’atar spice dip you have ever imagined with a Middle Eastern taste of zaatar. Prep time is 10 minutes at max!
There is nothing to throw away! Simply enough, any leftovers from feta dip with zaatar can be used as a sandwich spread for your quick snack or kids’ lunchbox.
The Perfect Dip
Serve a bowl of feta cheese with zaatar dip next to fresh pita bread, crackers, or a veggie platter of cut raw veggies for a crunchy appetizer. Also sprinkle with some lemon juice and sesame seeds to boost the nutritional value of the dip!
A plate of fresh vegetables is a great choice. This creamy dip goes wonderfully with a whole bunch of raw, crunchy vegetables. Mini carrots, sweet pepper, broccoli, cauliflower florets, or celery sticks make healthy eating so delicious.
To freshen up your party or entertain guests with a yummy appetizer, simply serve feta zaatar dip with pita chips, pita triangles, tortilla chips, pretzels, crostini, simple chips, crackers, or even baguette slices.
Sour and Sweet Spread
- If you are into a little heat, drop in this dip some red pepper flakes or a bit of chili powder. You can also add a pinch of more salt to your preference and decorate the dip with chopped green onions (or other fresh herbs) and lemon zest.
- Use either Bulgarian or Feta cheese, or half by half. The taste will still be amazing and the texture will be creamy in both cases. You can use some sour cream or Greek yogurt too.
- Avoid crumbled feta cheese for this easy appetizer. Surely it is much better to use a block of creamy feta for the balanced texture of the dip.
- Put a block of salty feta in a serving bowl filled with water to remove excessive salt, for a total time of 2-3 minutes.
Dip Some Toasted Pita Bread
Frequently Asked Questions
Best way for storing your dip is in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
It is a good idea to rinse packed feta for 3-4 minutes just before using it to remove excess salt.
They can be used as a sandwich spread or add them to salads.
You can surely make it ahead and store in a fridge for 1 week maximum, but the taste will differ from the freshly made dip.
Place it in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
This Creamy Dip is a Good Reason for Family Parties
Bulgarian cheese, or a block of feta cheese: You can use either one of them, or half by half.
Extra virgin olive oil: It is an important ingredient for this Middle Eastern dip.
Dry zaatar spice: Za’atar seasoning gives an authentic and special taste to this creamy dip.
Cherry tomatoes, finely diced: For a soft taste and refreshing red color. You can also use sun-dried tomato.
Persian cucumbers, sliced: Crunchy and delicious dipper for finger food.
Paprika: It gives an aromatic flavor and a bright color.
Crushed red pepper: For a little spiciness. You can also use black pepper instead.
For Dipping: Bagel chips or pita bread.
How to Make Feta Dip with Zaatar
First, remove the Bulgarian cheese from its water and then place it in a bowl.
Second, add 1/4 cup olive oil and mash until crumbled and slightly spreadable.
Then, sprinkle in the dry zaatar spice and mix.
You can certainly keep the Bulgarian or feta cheese spread in the bowl or on a board, as I did.
Now add the toppings by starting with the finely diced cherry tomatoes, paprika, crushed red pepper, and salt.
After that, place sliced Persian cucumbers, bagel chips, or pita bread all around the cheese spread.
Finally, sprinkle it with a drizzle of olive oil all over and serve this dip at room temperature.
Sprinkle Za’atar Spice All Over and Enjoy
Other Dips and Sauces to Try:
- The Best And Easiest 5-Ingredient Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Best Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce
- Layered Hummus Veggie Dip Recipe
- Vegan Lentil Dip – kibbet Adas
- Muhammara (Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip)
- Homemade Garlic Aioli Sauce Recipe
- French Onion Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Best Boiled Artichoke with Honey Mustard Dip
- Your Ultimate Guide to The Tastiest Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
Feta Dip with Zaatar
- 2 oz. Bulgarian cheese, or feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon dry zaatar spice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Bagel chips or pita bread
- Remove the Bulgarian cheese out of its water and place it in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of olive oil and mash until crumbled and slightly spreadable.
- Sprinkle in the dry zaatar spice and mix.
- You can keep the Bulgarian or feta cheese spread in the bowl or place it on a board like I did.
- Now add the toppings by starting with the finely diced cherry tomatoes, paprika, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Place sliced Persian cucumbers or bagel chips or pita bread all around the cheese spread.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil all over and enjoy.