This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pass Me this Greasy Smashed Taco
Why Love Tacos
There’s One for Everyone
Vegans can adhere to their dietary limitations by substituting meat or fish for a basis of beans, potatoes, or rice.
Tacos are A Fantastic Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Option
Tacos taste amazing at any time of day, whether you’re eating them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
In fact, you can get morning tacos stuffed with eggs and bacon, lunch tacos of grilled chicken and fresh vegetables, and supper tacos stuffed with cheese, meat, and beans.
This Filling Mixture is Extraordinary
They are Served with Delectable Sauces
Consider all the sauces you could use on your tacos. To make the perfect taco, add salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, and other sauces to your dish.
When Life Gives you Lemons, Make Tacos
They’re the Ideal Party Snack
The Perfect Combination of Flavors in Every Bite
Tips for the Viral Smashed Taco Recipe
Make use of flour tortillas. Corn tortillas will also work, but not as well. When the meat is seared, it sticks better to the flour tortillas and may be folded more quickly afterward. Look for flour tortillas that are approximately the same size as a regular corn tortilla.
These tacos cannot be stored once assembled, but the ground beef mixture and toppings can! They’re ideal for weekday lunches and quick dinners. For up to 5 days, refrigerate everything in individual glass bowls or airtight containers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
It usually takes no more than 3 minutes. Because the meat is smashed and extremely thin, it won’t need to cook for more than 3 minutes.
Grass-fed, organic, 85% lean ground beef is the ideal meat for tacos. Any lean beef from 80% to 93% works great.
Some people usually eat fewer tacos than others, but the average will be 4-5 tacos per person.
Serve Immediately with Toppings
Ingredients Needed for Viral Smashed Tacos
How to Make Viral Smashed Tacos
In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, onions, and shredded cheese until well combined.
Form half the beef mixture into a large ball then place it on a small tortilla, you can press it down with your hands or leave it as a ball.
Place the tortilla with the meat facing down onto a hot medium skillet then smash it with a saucepan.
Cook on medium heat for a few minutes then flip to cook on the other side for a few minutes.
Once it has cooked, remove then add your favorite toppings like tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, and with drizzle taco sauce!
Recipes You Should Try
Viral Smashed Tacos
- medium pot
- nonstick skillet
- sauce pan
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tortillas, small
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning, half of a packet
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- First of all, In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, onions and shredded cheese until well combined.
- Second, Form half the beef mixture into a large ball then place it on a small tortilla, you can press it down with your hands or leave it as a ball.
- Then, Place the tortilla with meat facing down onto a hot medium skillet then smash it with a sauce pan.
- Furthermore, cook on medium heat for a few minutes then flip to cook on the other side for a few minutes
- Finally, Once it has cooked, remove then add your favorite toppings like tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream,cilantro, and with drizzle taco sauce!