This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze will make you the host of the year, or mommy of the year! You will love this easy recipe that needs a handful of ingredients and hardly any mess.
These Special Baked Pumpkin spice Donuts are moist, and flavorful, and will bring Autumn vibes into your home any time of the year! Be sure to bake this special dessert for the family on Thanksgiving Day!
Nothing Can Beat these Baked Donuts!
A doughnut or donut is one of the leavened fried dough. The hole in the middle came from the fact that the center of the regular circle shaped doughnuts was most of the time raw.
When it’s pumpkin season, and you feel cooler temperatures creeping into your mornings, you will feel the need for some pumpkin spice donuts! The fall season brings pumpkin pies and cakes with all their warm and comforting spices.
Why You Will Love Pumpkin Spice Donuts
A great thing about gatherings is the delicious sweets, treats, and desserts, and it’s hard to imagine the Halloween season without these Baked Pumpkin Spice Cake Donuts!
You will enjoy a delicious dessert with less fat when compared to fried donuts. Using pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices adds nutritional value to these tasty donuts.
It is widely popular in many countries. No need to head to the bakery, a donut shop, or a supermarket. You can prepare it in various forms as a sweet treat. Well, nothing beats fluffy, tender homemade pumpkin donuts!
You can enjoy baked donuts right from the oven with a hot cup of coffee or pumpkin spice lattes.
Things You Must Know About Pumpkins
In the US, pumpkins are directly attached to fall holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving. They are harvested in October. We enjoy its versatile orange features, flowers, seeds, and flesh that are edible and rich in vitamins.
There are other delicious recipes that use pumpkin to make soups and bread, and many Americans include pumpkin pie in their Thanksgiving meals.
Imagine a pumpkin once weighed 2,528 pounds! Back to 2018, it was the heaviest pumpkin in the US. It was grown in New Hampshire. The largest pumpkin pie ever baked was in Ohio in 2010. It weighed 3,699 pounds and was over 20 feet in diameter.
You Won’t Be Able to Resist it!
If you like and can have dairy, you can add milk to the cream cheese glaze for added flavor and a thinner consistency.
You can top your cake donuts with maple glaze, maple syrup, pumpkin spice glaze, vanilla icing, or chocolate icing for variation. If you choose to ice your donuts, make sure it cools down so the icing doesn’t become runny.
For a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping, use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on your homemade donuts. Then, roll them in a cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy the combination of cinnamon with pumpkin spice flavor.
Tips and Tricks
For best results, mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl and the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then, fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture until it disappears. Your donut batter is ready!
If you want to store them for later, it is better not to glaze them until you are ready to serve them.
The size of the donuts depends on the donut pan you choose. You can choose a mini donut pan to serve mini donuts to the kids. They will find it lovely especially at celebrations.
You can prepare your own pumpkin spice. It’s a mixture of warm spices. Check Homemade Pumpkin Spice Blend for more details.
Pro tip: Place a large piping bag in a cup to easily fill it with the dough. Press the donut cake mix gently toward the tip to get the excess air out of the bag. Slowly, pipe batter into the donut mold for a cleaner look.
Frequently Asked Questions
They don’t taste exactly like a doughnut, but the good thing is that they are still so delicious and most importantly healthy! So, instead of following a fried doughnut recipe, bake them and be healthier.
Yes, it is. Place them on a cooling rack and allow them to come to room temperature, then store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Take them out a few hours before serving to allow them to thaw. Reheat them in the oven or the microwave.
You can store them at room temperate covered for 2-3 days or you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Easy Pumpkin Donuts for a Special Day
Baked Pumpkin Donut Recipe
Getting these donuts made in under 30 minutes couldn’t be easier! They are baked instead of fried, and the ingredients are available in nearby grocery stores.
An irresistible creamy white cheese glaze always makes these a hit with everyone! It will be one of your favorite recipes.
What You Will Need
For the Donuts
Sugar: You can use white sugar, brown sugar, or a mix of both.
All purpose flour
Pumpkin pie spice
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
Coconut oil or melted butter
Other Amazing Desserts Recipes For You
- Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
- Pan-Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Air Fried Honey Tortilla Chips
- Low Carb Turmeric Cake – Sfoof
- 5 Ingredient Dairy Free Pancakes
- Date Stuffed Brioche Bread
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cinnamon and S’mores Cheesecake Trifle
- Apple Crisp
Special Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
For the Donuts
To Bake the donuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a 6 or 12-count donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the dry ingredients which are the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- In another bowl, add in your eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, milk, and softened butter, and whisk very well until combined.
- Fold the flour mixture in the wet mixture and mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Place in a large piping bag or a gallon zip lock bag and cut 1/4 inch off the tip/corner side of the bag. To easily fill your piping bag, place it in a large cup and fill it with the batter.
- Pipe the donut batter into each of the donut molds and place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until the donuts spring back when touched. Let them cool slightly before turning them out onto the wire rack.
- Dip your donut in cream cheese glaze, then place them on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or when cooled.
To Prepare Cream Cheese Glaze
- Mix all the cream cheese, coconut oil, and sugar together until creamy.
- Warm up the frosting for about 10-15 seconds before dipping the donuts.