Are you looking for an easy, delicious, and nutritious meal that is sure to please everyone in the family? Look no further than a Chicken Roulade With Vegetables! This dish is sure to be a hit with all the family!
The star of this dish is the succulent chicken roulade made with juicy chicken breasts. The chicken is seasoned with a blend of herbs, spices, and a hint of garlic, creating the perfect balance of flavors. As the chicken cooks, the juices from the vegetables inside the roulade add flavor and help keep the chicken moist.
An Amazing Recipe for You!
Are you ready for a delicious and flavorful meal? This chicken roulade topped with White Sauce is sure to tantalize your taste buds. It is perfect for anyone who loves a savory and comforting meal.
Not only is this Chicken Roulade With Vegetables an amazing recipe, it’s also very versatile and can be served with a variety of side dishes, like potatoes, rice, or pasta. The possibilities are endless.
What Is A Chicken Roulade?
Roulade is just a fancy French word for a roll-up. A chicken roulade is a dish made by pounding a chicken breast flat and stuffing it with vegetables, cheese, and even other meats before rolling it tightly into a cylinder with the stuffing inside.
The roulades are then topped with cheese or other sauces. My version is topped with a creamy white sauce.
Why this Chicken Roulade with Vegetables Is Special?
Here are a few reasons why this dish is so special:
It’s easy to make. Preparing the Chicken Roulade only takes about 30 minutes. All you need to do is roll up the chicken and vegetables, then bake it until it’s cooked through.
This Chicken Roulade is a delicious and fancy looking meal that is packed with lean protein and plenty of vegetables. It’s also a great way to get your recommended daily servings of vegetables.
Moreover, the presentation of this dish is absolutely stunning. When you roll the chicken and vegetables together, the colors and textures create a beautiful pattern that will make any dinner party or dinner guests feel extra special.
Finally, this dish can easily be adapted to suit your own tastes, whether you want to add more vegetables or less chicken or switch up the herbs and spices. The possibilities are endless when it comes to making a great chicken roulade with vegetables.
Give it a try today, and you’ll be glad you did!
Elevate Chicken Breasts Into Something Special
Chicken Roulade with Vegetables is sure to impress your guests. It’s a great way to get more veggies into your diet.
Choose your vegetables wisely. You’ll want to pick a variety of vegetables that will complement each other. As well as the chicken, some great vegetables to use include bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, and spinach.
Cook the veggies until they are just tender. This will ensure that they don’t become too soft while they are being rolled up in the chicken. You can cook them in a skillet with a little olive oil, or you can bake them in the oven.
Remove any fat and skin, then flatten the chicken with a rolling pin. Once the chicken is flattened, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices that you like.
Wrap the chicken. Wrapping the chicken tightly in plastic wrap not only shapes it into rolls, but it also helps the chicken marinate better and brings out the flavors of the seasonings.
Let the chicken roulade rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Chicken roulade goes perfectly with pasta and salad. It also goes well with vegetable side dishes like mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
Look at the Heavenly White Sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The possibilities are practically endless. Some popular choices include mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Feel free to get creative and use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Absolutely! Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, and the vegetables add vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Plus, the dish is relatively low in calories and fat.
It usually takes about 50 minutes to cook chicken roulade with vegetables. The time can vary depending on the size of the vegetables and the thickness of the chicken.
Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Chicken Roulade With Vegetables Ingredients
Chicken Roulade Ingredients
- Chicken breasts
- Bread crumbs
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Ricotta cheese
- Red peppers, sliced (julienne)
- Small onion, sliced (julienne)
- Chopped fresh parsley
White Sauce Ingredients
- heavy cream
- bouillon cubes
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil chopped
(Scroll down for recipe details)
Other Recipes You Must Try!
- Beef and Broccoli Sweet Potatoes
- Taco Mac & Cheese
- Easy 15 Minute Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Gigi Hadid Viral Pasta Recipe
- Easy Kabsa with Beef Shanks
- Honey Soy Glazed Salmon
- Beef Shawarma Egg Rolls – Air Fried
- The Best Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Chicken Sub Sandwich with Garlic Aioli Sauce
- Cauliflower Tahini Bake
Chicken Roulade With Vegetables
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 bouillon cubes
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken with bread crumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet at olive oil the sear the slices onion for 2 minutes then add red peppers and fresh spinach and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until roasted.
- Cut a large piece of wax paper to about 29 inches by 10 inches and spray it with non-stick spray. Pour out the ground chicken onto the center of the wax paper.
- Place to flatten out evenly into a large square that is less than ½ inch thick, but not too thins. Oil your hands and begin flattening down.
- Next, layer the chicken by spreading ricotta cheese covering all of the flattened chicken.
- To one edge of the flattened chicken that is nearest to you add the chopped parsley, and the roasted red peppers, onions and spinach. Add to that spot only and not all over the chicken.
- Using the wax paper, slowly roll the chicken into a log carefully tucking the ingredients in as you roll.
- After you roll it, carefully adjust it back into the center of the parchment paper then spray the log and it’s edges with non stick cooking spray and cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let the chicken roulade rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Drizzle the white sauce all over the log and then onto each slice served.
- In medium pot boil the heavy cream, bouillon cubes and add salt and black pepper. Only add salt if you taste and think you need to.
- Once the heavy cream has boiled and thickened, add the chopped fresh basil, mix in and it is ready to served.
- Wrap the chicken. Wrapping the chicken tightly in plastic wrap not only shapes it into rolls, but it also helps the chicken marinate better and brings out the flavors of the seasonings.
- Let the chicken roulade rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Chicken roulade goes perfectly with pasta and salad. It also goes well with vegetable side dishes like mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.