We are at the heart of the season of the sun! And, summertime delights are, without a doubt, the most precious part of the season. These long days that brim with warmth require the enjoyment of familial and friendly gatherings, a pinch of adventure, and cold treats such as chocolate yogurt bars.
For the love of summer, I ask you to try the bewitching recipe of Chocolate Covered Mango Strawberry Yogurt Bars. The instructions are simple and straightforward, and the taste is…indescribable!
Conquer the Heat!
My heartfelt advice: keep your freezer sufficiently full of these chocolate yogurt bars because you are bound to be addicted!
The Only Thing Better than Ice Cream
Good for the Soul
Adding Greek yogurt is ideal for anyone who wants to incorporate more protein in their diet! As we are enjoying our food, we also want some additional value that can help our bodies get stronger.
To that end, chocolate has magnesium which may help our nerves and muscles work well and contributes in construction of our bones, protein, and DNA.
As for the strawberries and mangos, they are considered antioxidants, they may help lower cholesterol levels, and they are good for your gut!
Why You’ll Inevitably Be Hooked
The allure of these joyfully colorful bars is that they offer a slight chocolaty crunch on the outside followed closely by the velvety creaminess of the yogurt and chewiness of the sweet and tangy strawberries and mangoes.
This fabulous mix, eaten straight out of the freezer, is the antidote for your cravings all summer long! In this hot season, you need to stay refreshed, and the vitamins from the fruits help you stay strong under the scorching heat and the high levels of humidity!
Use Your Own Magic
In addition to the health benefits of these bars, their superb taste, and magnificent appearance, they are spectacular because they are also fairly easy to make, store, and customize!
If you have other fruits on your hands that you’d like to use, then go straight ahead, by all means! You can use pineapples, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries. Additionally, you can use a combination of other fruits or make a few batches with varying flavors.
You can even play around with the chocolate covering by adding your preference of nuts, sprinkles, or chocolate chips on top.
Get as creative as you please!
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course, you can! Make sure you take them out of the freezer and thaw them a little bit to be able to mix them well with the yogurt and have them spread out inside the bars.
You can definitely play around with toppings. Before the chocolate coat dries, you can get creative by adding some almonds, walnuts, pistachios, or even sprinkles for a more appealing look!
To make it vegan, you can look for vegan Greek or plain yogurt options of which there are many plant-based variations. Furthermore, make sure that the chocolate you use is also vegan friendly, even if it is dark chocolate. With that said, you can still follow the same process as this recipe!
To smooth out the warm chocolate chips, you can mix them well with a spoon.
Once the chocolate yogurt bars are ready to eat, remove them from the freezer to thaw for about 10 minutes before indulging.
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Mango and strawberry, chopped small
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut butter
You can use maple syrup instead of honey.
There are plant-based alternatives for Greek yogurt if you’re interested in veganizing this recipe!
First, mix together either Greek or plain yogurt with vanilla extract, maple syrup or honey, and chopped mango and strawberries in a medium-sized bowl.
Secondly, scoop out the yogurt mixture onto a tray or a convenient utensil that is preferably covered with parchment paper using an ice cream scooper or a large spoon.
Freeze them for about 1 to 2 hours or until they are wholly firm to touch.
Once the yogurt bars are frozen and ready to dip, place one cup of chocolate chips with one teaspoon of coconut butter.
Now, Melt in the microwave for 15 seconds. Remove, mix, and repeat heating in the microwave for another 1-2 times maximum until they are completely melted.
Mixing the warm chocolate chips with a spoon helps to smooth out the chocolate.
Then, place the frozen yogurt bars in the melted chocolate making sure they are covered all around.
Place the chocolate yogurt bars back on parchment paper.
Finally, freeze again for 30 minutes.
Once ready to eat, remove from the freezer to thaw for about 10 minutes before digging in.
And remember that no matter how good they turn out to be, sharing is caring!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL ADORE
- Almond Joy Bars
- Homemade Protein Jam Bars
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Bars
- Fluffy Shortcake Yogurt Cream Bars
- Strawberry Mango Banana Smoothie
- No Bake Chocolate Covered Coconut Biscuit Date Balls
- Citrus Vinaigrette Strawberry Mango Kale Salad
- Gluten-Free Fruit Tart
- Blender Mango Soft Serve |Ice Cream in 5 Minutes
- How to Perfectly Melt Chocolate
Chocolate Covered Mango Strawberry Yogurt Bars
- 1 cup yogurt Greek or plain
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mango and strawberry chopped small
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt with vanilla extract, honey (or maple syrup), and chopped mango and strawberries.
- Using an ice cream scooper or a large spoon, scoop out the yogurt mixture onto a tray covered with parchment paper. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Once the yogurt bars are frozen and ready to dip, place 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut butter.
- Melt in the microwave for 15 seconds. Remove, mix then repeat heating in microwave for another 1-2 times maximum until melted.
- Place the frozen bars in the melted chocolate making sure they are covered all around then place back on parchment paper.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Once ready to eat, remove from the freezer to thaw for about 10 minutes before digging in.