This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With only 5 ingredients, you can make Almond Joy Bars that taste just like the real deal. Whip up a batch today and enjoy a delicious snack that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Not only are they easy to make, but they are sure to bring a smile to your face with their deliciousness!
Just Like the Real Deal!
It’s no secret that I love chocolate candies, and Almond Joy has always been one of my favorites, along with Reese’s peanut butter cups! Almond Joy has a delicious combination of smooth and creamy coconut, crunchy almonds, and a delicious chocolate coating.
The steps to make these sweet treats are simple—just mix and melt, no special tools required—so even if this is your first time making candy bars, you’ll end up with a batch of delicious almond-coconut delights.
Plus, it’s a lot of fun to make your own version of the classic candy! You’ll be surprised at the delicious taste that comes from these simple ingredients—a combination of sweet, nutty, and decadent flavors that make for an unforgettable treat!
Making these delicious almond bars at home will also save you money, especially if you make multiple bars at once.
A Bite of Deliciousness!
Why You’ll Love these Almond Joy Bars
There’s nothing better than coconut and chocolate together! The blend of these two flavors creates a unique and irresistible combination that is difficult to resist!
There’s no baking required_ Just mix and melt.
All you need are five simple ingredients!
The bars taste the same as regular Almond Joy bars, but they’re made from real, whole food ingredients.
Amazingly Tasting Delights
Why Make Your Own Almond Joy Bars?
Despite their good-looking packaging, store-bought candy is made from a variety of not-so-healthy ingredients.
A typical Almond Joy bar contains corn syrup, white sugar, vegetable oil, milk protein, and other unhealthy ingredients. No thank you!
My Almond Joy Bars taste exactly like store-bought ones but without the preservatives.
A Healthy Treat
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The only difference between these two candy bars is that Mounds don’t have almonds on top. The coconut filling and chocolate coating are the same.
Homemade Almond Joy bars a healthier alternative to the store-bought kind, as they don’t use refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, or high fructose corn syrup.
You can eat the homemade version with confidence because you know exactly what’s in them.
I recommend storing these bars in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container. They should keep in the fridge from 3-4 and in the freezer for up to three months. After taking them out of the freezer, let them sit for 5 minutes to soften.
Sure! You can make a dark chocolate almond joy or a white chocolate almond joy dessert, but keep in mind that a true “almond joy” is typically made with milk chocolate.
For a healthy option, use honey instead of sweetened condensed milk. But if you want the taste to be similar to the original bars, use sweetened condensed milk.
Use only unsweetened fine or desiccated shredded coconut. The bars may not hold together as well if you use longer shreds. If you choose to use longer shreds, make sure to grind them so that they’re closest to the original Almond Joy Bars.
You can toast almonds in the oven or on the stovetop.
Don’t dip the coconut bars into very hot chocolate because this will ruin their shape. Wait for the chocolate to cool down a little bit before you dip them in.
You can make these almond bars the size you want. You can make 6 big bars like I did, or 12 smaller and thinner bars.
Line your tray with parchment paper to prevent the homemade almond joys from sticking.
Use a fork to dip the almond joy bites into chocolate. You can reuse the excess chocolate by dripping it back into the bow with the fork so that you don’t waste any.
Optional Step: You can use a food processor to combine the coconut, melted coconut oil, and honey, which will make the ingredients more compact for easier packing and presentation.
- If you don’t want to use nuts, you can make chewy coconut candy bars without them using the same recipe. They would be very similar to Mounds, which use dark chocolate instead of milk.
- You can also substitute other nuts for the almonds, such as pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Use pepitas or sunflower seeds if you are allergic to nuts.
- You can top the coconut with nut-free crunchy granola if you want to avoid seeds, legumes, and nuts.
Satisfy Your Candy Craving!
Almond Joy Bars Ingredients
- milk chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- almonds, roasted
- honey, or sweetened condensed milk
- coconut, shredded or finely shredded
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Other Desserts You Must Try:
- Homemade Protein Jam Bars
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Bars
- Fluffy Shortcake Yogurt Cream Bars
- Homemade Date Biscuit Nut Bars
- Tasty Date and Biscuit Balls
- DIY Mini Caramel Candy Apples!
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal (gluten free- Vegan)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Almond Joy Bars
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 20 almonds roasted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup honey, or sweetened condensed milk
- 2½ cups shredded coconuts, or finely shredded coconuts
- Mix together the shredded coconut, honey (or sweetened condensed milk), and vanilla extract. Note, you can place the shredded coconuts in a food processor to finely shred.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scooper, scoop out about a 2 inch ball of the mixed shredded coconuts. If you want smaller bars, scoop out half the amount.
- Place the balls on a greased plate then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove, oil hands with cooking oil spray then mold each ball into bite size bars.
- Place 2 roasted almonds on each bar. This recipe will make about 12 bars.
- Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl with coconut oil for 1 minute, mixing half way.
- Remove the coconut bars then drizzle the chocolate to cover the bars. With a small spatula or spoon smooth around the edges.
- Freeze for 20 minutes and enjoy.