This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Eating breakfast has never looked this satisfying! These Homemade Protein Jam Bars are a perfect grab-and-go breakfast option, or a wholesome snack for you and your family!
A satisfying mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, coconut oil, syrup, and your favorite flavor of jam, these crumble bars definitely grants you VIP passes to enjoy a soft flavorful bite whenever you please!
Homemade Protein Jam Bars
These Homemade Protein Jam Bars are lifesavers on occasions where you are having a speedy morning and want something delicious, filling, and easy on the tummy to go!
Make it ahead of time and let it chill in the refrigerator, and you will have a satisfying breakfast ready and waiting for you every morning for about a week!
This recipe is always free of nuts and eggs, making it a perfect option for families with allergies.
Free of Nuts and Eggs? Perfect for Everyone!
Recipe Variations You Might Like!
One of my favorite things to do in my free time is playing around and experimenting with recipes! I try to shape them in a way that fits my family’s preferences, and they always turn out to be amazing!
Well, you can do the same! Here’s how!
One obvious variation would be switching the flavor of jam if you are not a fan of strawberries.
You might also want to try turning your jam bars into classic PB&J protein bars!
Simply add 1 cup of peanut powder or mix 1/4 cup of peanut butter (or Sunbutter) and honey to your mixture, and follow the exact recipe mentioned below!
Easy, Quick, and Delicious!
Pair It With a Refreshing Drink!
There is, quite literarily, nothing more satisfying than enjoying a piece of these flavorful Protein Jam bars on the go. And gulping them down with a refreshing drink? Heaven!
Now we wouldn’t dare miss the kids, would we? Your youngsters can definitely join in the fun with a cup of white hot chocolate or a cold cup of milk.
Oh! Make sure you check all of my other healthy recipes! Who knows? You might find one that calls to your hungry taste buds!
Pair it With Your Favorite Drink!
Here’s How to Store Your Protein Jam Bars
Imagine having the ability to enjoy these healthy bites anytime your Protein Jam Bars cravings come at you in full force! A sweet deal, huh?
For that reason, it is always a good idea keeping my storing tips in mind! Here’s how to store, freeze, and thaw these incredible Protein Jam Bars!
To store: Since I love to devour these bars chilled, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. However, room temperature works just fine.
To freeze: If you are sure that your bars are completely chilled, then place them in a freezer bag and pop them in a freezer for up to 3 months. They freeze really well!
To thaw: Place the protein bars in the fridge overnight, or at room temperature, before consuming.
Perfect for a Mid-Day Snack Too !
Tips for Perfect Results!
Tip 1: Use honey instead of maple syrup. This would also hold the mixture really well.
Tip 2: I recommend placing the bars in the fridge for a bit before serving. They are best served when chilled.
Tip 3: If you have a sweet tooth like me, then add a dash of cinnamon to the mixture! That cinnamon-y aftertaste will do wonders to the overall recipe!
Summertime Snacks Are Officially Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Despite popular beliefs, these bars are not so crunchy! You will soon find yourself enjoying a delicious soft bite. They are easy to chew, and perfect for kids of all ages!
When it comes to types, you can choose any type of jam you like. However, I recommend using an all-natural jam, a fruit-juice sweetened jam, or a honey-sweetened jam if you are not looking for an overly sweet taste.
If your mixture is not holding together and crumbling down, add a couple of tablespoons of water. This should do the trick!
Homemade Protein Bars Hit Different!
The Ingredients You Will Need
- all-purpose flour
- old fashioned oats
- baking soda
- coconut oil (or unsalted melted butter)
- maple syrup
- light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- pure vanilla extract
- strawberry jam
Our Favorite Portable Breakfast!
Follow The Instructions
First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or cooking oil spray.
Next, in a small bowl, whisk the coconut oil or butter (melted), brown sugar, maple syrup or honey and vanilla until all is well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well using a spatula. Remove about 1 cup from the cookie dough and set aside.
Then, place the remaining dough into the prepared pan and press it down using your hands until you have an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven then spread the jam on top of the baked cookie.
After that, sprinkle the remaining cup of cookie dough over the jam and bake for about 14 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown.
Finally, allow it to cool for about 15 minutes, then cut into squares. Enjoy warm or cold!
A Bite Meant For Sharing!
Other Blogs for You:
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Bars
- Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- Easy Low-Carb Bagels
- Chia Pudding Recipe
- Oatmeal Pudding With a Twist
- Irresistible Apple Nachos
- Classic Apple Crisp With Oats
- Homemade Date Biscuit Nut Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Satisfying Fruit Salad
Share The Recipe With Loved Ones!
Healthy Protein Jam Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar , packed
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients consisting of flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut oil or butter (melted), brown sugar, maple syrup or honey and vanilla until all is well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients, and mix well using a spatula.
- Remove about 1 cup from the cookie dough and set aside.
- Place the remaining dough into the prepared pan and press it down using your hands until you have an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then spread the jam on top of the baked cookie.
- Now sprinkle the remaining cup of cookie dough over the jam; then bake for about 14 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes, then cut it into squares. Enjoy warm or cold.
- Use honey instead of maple syrup. This would also hold the mixture really well.
- I recommend placing the bars in the fridge for a bit before serving. They are best served when chilled.
- If you have a sweet tooth like me, then add a dash of cinnamon to the mixture! That cinnamon-y aftertaste will do wonders to your taste buds!