Cloud Bread has taken over social media recently, and it’s become an essential part of cooking that I cannot get enough of! This 3-ingredient Cloud Bread recipe makes bread that is both light and fluffy, giving us such a delightful taste, and can be used to make so many other recipes!
With only three simple ingredients needed, this three-ingredient cloud bread recipe is not only convenient but absolutely perfect as your go-to recipe!
As Light As A Feather
Bread is essential and can be used in so many different ways, but have you ever craved bread but been on the lookout for a lighter and healthier alternative? This is where this 3 ingredient cloud bread steps in!
Cloud bread comes from a world of its own. It is so simple to put together and has such an airy texture and delicious taste! Not only is it the perfect go-to recipe, but it also works flawlessly for a low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly diet!
What Three Ingredients Do You Need?
There are many ways to get creative with cloud bread, but it really comes down to only 3 ingredients.
Eggs are the star of the show! They are what provide the structure and lightness of the cloud bread. For the right ratio in this recipe and for the best results, it’s best to use fresh, high-quality, large-sized eggs.
To get the lusciousness into your cloud bread, go for full-fat cream cheese. This rich and creamy ingredient doesn’t just add the flavor you are looking for; it also adds to the softness and fluffiness of the cloud bread.
Cream Of Tartar
This is the secret ingredient that keeps everything together. It’s the essential part of stabilizing the egg whites and creating the cloud-like characteristic of the cloud bread.
You can still make cloud bread as fluffy as you like without the cream of tartar just as long as the egg whites are at room temperature for whipping easily.
Light, Fluffy, And Magical
Tips and Tricks
With these top tips and tricks below, you’ll really elevate your baking game! This 3 ingredient cloud bread recipe requires very little to no effort at all, but you’ll get a well deserved, high reward, leaving your taste buds soaring with excitement.
Patience: Put some extra time into achieving the perfect consistency needed for fluffy air cloud bread. The best way to do this is to use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites into stiff peaks.
Time to cool: Give your cloud bread enough time to cool once it comes out of the oven. This helps keep its airy structure and prevents any sogginess.
Egg Separation: It is absolutely essential that the egg whites are completely separated from the yolks. Even the tiniest bit of yolk could deflate the cloud bread, which we don’t really want.
Consistency: A top trick is to soften the cream cheese before mixing to ensure it mixes well with the other ingredients. You’ll achieve cloud bread with an amazing consistent texture throughout.
Cloud bread is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator if needed.
What Is Cream Of Tartar?
Cream of tartar is actually a dry and powdery ingredient that makes beaten egg whites stand tall. Just a touch of it makes such a big difference when making your 3 ingredient cloud bread.
I only use ¼ teaspoon in this recipe, and that works wonders. That little bit helps speed up the creation of foam and stabilize the air bubbles in the whipped egg whites.
And that’s the secret to achieving that melt-in-your-mouth airy fluffiness in your cloud bread.
When Bread Becomes Clouds
Why You Will Love Making This 3-Ingredient Cloud Bread Recipe?
The simplest and most obvious reason why you’ll love making this recipe is that you get a tastier, healthier, and fluffier alternative to regular bread. Its soft, airy texture makes it so delicious, you’re sure to make this recipe very often.
It takes very little time to prepare and only uses 3 ingredients!
Its health benefits are endless, and this 3 ingredient cloud bread is ideal for a low-carb, gluten-free, or keto-friendly diet without compromising on flavor or texture!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It actually gets its name from its fluffy texture, like clouds! And makes for such a unique, lighter option as an alternative to bread.
Yes! Cloud bread is a very popular choice for those following a keto diet because of its low-carb composition. It’s perfect for a low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly diet!
It’s all in the egg white whipping! You need to make sure that the egg whites have been whipped perfectly and have reached stiff peaks before gently folding in the other ingredients.
Cloud bread is by far, best enjoyed fresh but if needed, it can be stored in the refrigerator. For longer freshness
You can reheat your cloud bread in a toaster for a few seconds! Cloud bread burns much faster than normal bread, so reheat it very briefly.
3 Ingredient Cloud Bread
- Cream Cheese
- Cream of Tartar
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Other Recipes To Enjoy
- 2 Ingredient Glazed Mini Donuts
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
- 2 Ingredient Cream Cheese
- 2 Ingredient Caramel Macchiato Whipped Cream
- 3 ingredient Nutella Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient Microwave Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Date Filled Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Homemade Electrolyte Drink (Hydrating)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Ashta Recipe
3 Ingredient Cloud Bread
- 3 large eggs separated
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place them in two separate bowls.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl with the egg yolks. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- In the bowl with the egg whites, add the cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. This step is important for achieving a light and airy texture.
- Gently fold the egg yolk and cream cheese mixture into the beaten egg whites. Be careful not to overmix; you want to maintain as much of the airiness as possible.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming small round or oval shapes. You should be able to make about 6 cloud breads, depending on the size you prefer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the cloud breads are golden brown on the outside and firm to the touch. The exact baking time may vary, so keep an eye on them.
- Once done, remove the cloud breads from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. They will deflate slightly as they cool.
- Serve the cloud breads as a bread substitute for sandwiches or enjoy them on their own as a light snack. They can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.