Taco Tuesday’s have officially been upgraded!! This isn’t your basic taco recipe. In fact, Bean Taco Pie is the perfect take on flavorful get-in-my-belly, fill-me-up kinda food. You won’t only be saving this recipe, sharing it with EVERYONE, but you will be making it more often than you think!
Wanna know the truth? I was never really into Mexican Food when I was younger. My friends would go for Taco Bell runs and I would never order a thing from there. But, things changed, or let’s just say… my palette changed? lol. I think after I met my husband I explored a lot more of the foods since he loves to explore all kinds of cuisines. For this reason, my eyes were finally opened and holy moly I can now say that I am in LOVE with some Mexican dishes.
Listen, you really need this bean taco pie in your life! It is actually fun to make and really easy to prepare for any family! You layer it, bake it then top and enjoy every warm seasoned bite with all the layered tortillas.
The ingredients you need
- ground meat
- olive oil
- taco seasoning
- refried beans
- chunky salsa
- flour tortillas
Some reasons on why you must make this dish!
- it’s a fun new dish to add to taco Tuesdays menu
- adults and children alike really enjoy it
- quick and simple to put together
- looks lovely on a table spread
- totally delicious
Fun taco facts:
- Tacos date back to the late 19th century
- Tortillas are made from corn that’s been ground into flour, formed into dough, and then flattened out into thin rounds that are fried
- Tacos arrived in the U.S. in the early 1900s when Mexican migrants began working and living here
- They became popular, a household name to be exact, when the fast-food chain, Taco Bell, opened for business
- In Mexico, tacos aren’t a lunch item, but rather a breakfast or dinner option
Don’t you wish every day could be taco Tuesday? YEP, me too! You can also check out my other dishes that would be great for tact Tuesdays or for any taco-craving day of the year!
Other recipes you may want to try
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- Shawarma Egg Rolls
- Cauliflower Tahini Bake
- Rotini Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Fluffy Shortcake Yogurt Cream Bars
Bean Taco Pie
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 large onion cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 16 oz chunky salsa
- 6-8 large flour tortillas
- In a large skillet brown the ground meat and onion, then add the 2 packets taco seasoning. Add corn, pace sauce, the refried beans and mix over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish begin layering. First layer add 1 1/2 cups taco bean mix then layer 2 large burritos (they will over lap), then top with another layer of 2 burritos, then 1 1/2 cups taco bean meat mix, sprinkle some cheese, then covering with 2 burritos, then top with the remaining meat.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Take it out and cover with a generous amount of cheese, bake for another 5 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite toppings like sour cream, shredded lettuce, banana peppers, black olives ect.