This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Are your friends coming over for dinner, and you are in a desperate need of an easy, filling, and fun snack? Loaded Taco Nachos is the dish you are definitely looking for. No one can resist the temptation of a bowl filled with crunchy tortilla chips piled with what your heart desires.
It is the kind of creation that you will be proud of setting up whenever you have a game night or a home gathering.
What is better than a dish full of crispy tortilla chips topped with chunks of well-seasoned ground beef, dreamy melted cheddar cheese, fresh Mexican veggies, and tangy sour cream?
Why You Will Love Loaded Taco Nachos
First of all, this cheesy taco nachos can be considered a quick snack, easy dinner or an appetizer option. All because it consists of various wholesome ingredients such as ground beef, tortilla chips, and beans.
Second of all, if you are a taco lover, then this snack idea is perfect for you, for it combines all the familiar flavors presented in “taco night”. It literally holds the same combination of flavors that you crave and love, but in a redesigned arrangement.
Besides, this large tray of tortilla chips can be topped with whatever toppings you find interesting; it is customized the way you prefer. You can also change things up by displaying the toppings to allow your family or friends to choose their favorites.
The Ultimate Nachos Tray
Top Tips and Tricks
You can replace cheddar cheese with nacho cheese sauce if you prefer to do so. Allow me to inform you that nacho cheese sauce is pretty simple to prepare at the comfort of your home. Here is Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe to try.
Make sure not to overcook the mixture. It must have a saucy consistency. If it gets too dry, you can pour more water.
It was mentioned before that it is okay to use any kind of tortilla chips, and that’s true. However, it would be much better if you purchase strong chips in order to be able to bear all the toppings.
It is crucial to enjoy this snack immediately to prevent soggy chips.
Use lean ground beef to prevent greasy tray of taco nachos.
You can absolutely cook the beef mixture ahead of time, then reheat it when it is needed.
If your aim is to elevate the flavor, try mixing your own batch of taco seasoning. Here is How to Make Taco Seasoning Mix from scratch.
Additionally, you can place the diced tomatoes with Pico de Gallo for a change.
Don’t skip the corn. The sweetness of it balances out the combination of the tangy and sour flavors.
Tangy, Sour, and Tad Sweet
Frequently Asked Questions
Place the leftover mixture in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Absolutely. By skipping the meat, sour cream, and cheese and replacing them with guacamole and beans, you will end up having the best Vegan-friendly loaded taco nachos.
Other than lean ground beef, you can either use chicken or ground turkey.
If you are not a fan of sour cream, no biggie. You can whip some guacamole and add it to the tray.
There are two possible ways to do so. Either on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
The Best Snack to Have on Movie and Game Nights
List of Ingredients
Corn tortilla chips: You get to choose the chips you have on hand or the one you prefer. Tortilla chips come in various shapes, so it does not really matter which one you opt for.
Ground beef: It is way better to use lean ground beef.
Taco seasoning: Taco seasoning is available in all supermarkets.
Water: Water is added to the beef while it is cooking.
Olive oil: Cooking the ground beef in olive oil is a game changer!
Vegetable refried beans: You can change a little bit and choose to add kidney beans or even chili beans. But, keep in mind that this ingredient is totally optional!
Cheddar cheese: If you do not have this particular type at home, don’t stress out and toss any other shredded cheese.
Lettuce: There are two delectable types of lettuce to include in the tray of goodness, chopped Ice berg or Romaine lettuce.
Tomatoes: I mean you can not call this a loaded taco nachos without the juiciness of the diced tomatoes.
Corn: Canned or fresh, don’t concern yourself!
Jalapenos: You can add pickled or fresh jalapenos.
Cilantro: Chopped cilantro elevates the taste.
Sour cream: It is the sauce option used in this recipe.
Black olives: The perfect addition to this recipe.
Fresh-Tasting Loaded Beef Nachos
- Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Crispy Parmesan Rosemary Garlic Baked Potatoes
- The Best And Easiest Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Viral Smashed Tacos
- Roasted Eggplant with Burrata Salad Recipe
- Layered Hummus Veggie Dip Recipe
- Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Garlic Sauce Recipe
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Cajun Butter
Super Loaded Taco Nachos
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ can vegetable refried beans, optional
- 2 cups triple cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, large
- ¼ cup black olives, slices
- ¼ cup corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons jalapenos
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fresh for serving
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat place the olive oil then sear the ground beef for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Pour 1/4 cup water over the beef and mix in 1 packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 can of refried beans.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper then place the tortilla chips in an even later.
- Top the tortilla chips with an even later of the ground beef and bean mixture, then top with a generous amount of shredded cheese (about 2 cups). Place in the oven for about 10 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes if needed for the cheese to melt.
- Remove the pan out of the oven and begin layering your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, corn, jalapeño, olives, sour cream then garnish with cilantro. Enjoy immediately.
- It was mentioned before that it is okay to use any kind of tortilla chips, and that’s true. However, it would be much better if you purchase strong chips in order to be able to bear all the toppings.
- Moreover, it is crucial to enjoy this snack immediately to prevent soggy chips.
- To prevent greasy tray of taco nachos, use lean ground beef.
- You can absolutely cook the beef mixture ahead of time, then reheat it when it is needed.
- If you are aiming to elevate the flavor, try mixing your own batch of taco seasoning. Here is How to Make Taco Seasoning Mix from scratch.
- Additionally, you can place the diced tomatoes with Pico de Gallo for a change.
- Don’t skip the corn. The sweetness of it balances out the combination of the tangy and sour flavors.